Skip to Main Content

Mock Trial Team

The Wilmington College Mock Trial Team exists to build students' advocacy skills, increase their analytical ability and teach foundational legal theory through engaging in competitive mock trial through the American Mock Trial Association. 

Student Experience

"Mock Trial has given me the opportunity to engage in hands-on learning outside of the classroom. I have been a member of the team for about a year now and I have further developed and refined my skillset in many innovative ways. By being a member of the Mock Trial team, you have the opportunity to work on your public speaking skills, engage with other students on an intellectual level, grasp complex legal theories, learn how the legal system operates, advocate for others, and learn how to work under pressure. The best part of being a member of the the Mock Trial team has to be the relationships you build with your fellow team members; you find yourself doing everything together and you form a bond that cannot be broken!" - Ariana Riccardi 

“Hi, my name is Parker Gunkel. I will be a junior at Wilmington College during the 2020-21 term. As a junior, this will be my third year on the Wilmington College Mock Trial team. Mock trial has introduced me to a new form of competition and learning as a student. Not only do you compete against other colleges and universities, but you acquire real world critical thinking skills that can help you in any field or career.” - Parker Gunkel

"I had been considering pursuing a law degree after graduating from Wilmington College, but wasn't entirely sold on the idea until getting to take part in the Mock Trial team. I am now serving as our team's captain and have fallen in love with studying law. Being a part of the our mock trial team has brought me hours of fun and a unique opportunity to learn about the law and court procedures. Working through case files and learning the ins and outs of the courtroom is certainly a time commitment, but is worth every second. I have made memories with this team that will last a lifetime and feel more prepared than ever for life after Wilmington." - Kelly Johnson

"Being a part of Mock Trial has taught me so much about thinking critically and problem-solving. It is really fun to dig deep into the various legal challenges that cases present." - Lucy Enge

"The Mock Trial Team has given me more confidence in public speaking. I had a lot of fun last year competing and learned a lot! I enjoyed meeting new people and working as team." - Leigh Ann Cartier